Revised 21 Mar 09
Before the Scrambler
1. Decide how you are going to organize play?
Decide upon the type of play, e.g., golf croquet, singles, doubles, association rules, etc.
Will it be a full day of play? Morning only? Afternoon only?
Will lunch be ordered?
2. Prepare a notice for the Croquet Club Secretary to send out to Croquet members two weeks prior to the Scrambler. The notice should give time and type of play for the scrambler with your name and email to which to RSVP. The notice will also provide the time and place for the Social or Brunch with the name of the host and their email to which to RSVP.
3. Reserve Courts for the day of the Scrambler at the BHI Club Pro Shop.
4. Email the following information to the BHI Croquet President at least two weeks prior to Scrambler in order that tasks might be assigned accordingly to Equipment and Social Chairs:
Croquet President emails equipment required for scrambler (clocks, balls, double banking, etc.) to the Equipment Chair 2 weeks prior to Scrambler.
If a full day event is planned, Croquet President emails the person coordinating club lunches that lunch must be organized with the BHI Club Events Coordinator. This must also be done two weeks prior to Scrambler.
5. Print out play sheets with a schedule for each participant, as appropriate.
6. Optional: Decide on some type of prize and how you will award prize. It could tie to your theme, i.e. for the Warm Up Scrambler, might be a box of hot chocolate.
Day of Play
1. Instruct players on rules of play.
2. Review use of Bisques if appropriate.
3. Review role of Board keepers.
4. Identify Referees
5. If you plan on identifying a winner, ask participants to record scores on a schedule that is taped to the refreshment table.
6. Provide list of participants for the day to the Pro Shop.
7. If appropriate, announce winners at the Social. Receive applause for a well run Scrambler!